Commercial Property Manager
Regular, Full-Time; Exempt Employee - Administrative Exemption
The position of Property Manager works to maximize the value and enhance the desirability of a portfolio of client-owned assets. In this role, the Property Manager will supervise maintenance technicians, oversee contractors, and interact daily with tenant
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrated in both writing and conversation.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously with varying deadlines.
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy with a high standard of excellence.
- Experience in decision making and overseeing day-to-day operations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and an ability to learn property accounting and management software.
- Active Florida Real Estate license preferred.
- A current valid driver’s license and personal automobile insurance.
- 2–5 years of commercial real estate management, preferably on retail property assets.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, with some college preferred.
- Manage multiple assets, primarily retail portfolio, through on-site visits, detailed documentation, and follow-up communication.
- Prioritize assignments and effectively solve emergencies as needed.
- Handle collection from tenants.
- Assume on-site accountability for the engagement of third-party suppliers and contractors.
- Negotiate service agreements, select contractors and suppliers, provide qualitycontrol oversight, implement cost-containment initiatives, measure compliance to contractual standards and provide liaison as needed between tenants and thirdparty service providers.
- Oversee the construction process for tenant improvement projects.
- Inspect assigned properties in accordance with departmental procedure, identify any physical deficiencies, and correct the deficiencies within budgeted guidelines, established property standards, and ownership approval.
- Monitor and maintain operating expenses within budgeted allowances.
- Bid and negotiate maintenance agreements.
- Approve property related invoices.
- Prepare annual operating budgets.
- Review financial statements and prepare monthly operating reports for clients.
- Interface with ownership, property tenants, and vendors to insure the effective operation of assigned properties.