Director of Leasing
This executive staff member manages Crossman and Company’s team of leasing agents and support staff associates. A wide variety of responsibilities are involved including recruiting additional agents, training, implementing best practices among the team, overseeing and enhancing a variety of internal and external reports, complying with internal and licensing policies, and fostering a culture of maximum team performance. Developing business for the leasing team and cross-selling the Company’s services is imperative. This position will report directly to the President of Crossman and Company.
- Proven capability as a team leader, with strong management and training skills.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, demonstrated in both writing and conversation.
- Demonstrable interpersonal and relationship building skills, including the ability to work effectively with strong sales personalities.
- Strong familiarity with grocery anchored shopping center real estate including users, owners, developers, trade associations, etc.
- Significant personal achievement in leasing transactions, preferably in commercial real estate.
- Aptitude in retail real estate related software applications.
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy, with reference to reporting.
- Organization and multi-tasking imperative while working in this face paced environment.
- Decision making and oversight of day-to-day leasing operations.
- A current Florida Real Estate Salesman license is preferred but not required at time of employment. Unlicensed candidates will be required to obtain on their own time within first 90 days of employment.
- Responsible for new business development.
- Source, select, train and manage leasing agents and leasing support staff.
- Manage the workload and portfolio responsibilities of the leasing agents while ensuring the evolution of the team’s skill set.
- Develop clear delineations of responsibilities and expectations for all support staff members.
- Craft, evaluate, enhance and assure implementation of marketing campaigns for individual properties, portfolios of properties and services.
- Interact effectively with any consultants (signs, graphics, website, advertising, public relations, etc.) in tandem with corporate marketing team.
- Actively represent the Company within grocery anchored shopping center real estate, with particular focus on the major ICSC trade events and also manage the leasing team’s entire effort related to RE-CON and other trade association events.
- Evaluate, enhance and manage internal invoice and pipeline reporting systems, and all external (client received) reports, ensuring accuracy and timely delivery.
- Ensure that listing files are complete (proper response to all checklist items) and in full compliance.
- Monitor quality assurance in alignment with Crossman and Company standards of excellence.
- Other duties as assigned by management.